The YSR Congress is hopeful of by-elections to the five Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh for which the party MPs have submitted their resignations. The party leaders are confident of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan accepting their resignations in a day or two. They are also hopeful that the Election Commission would order for the by-elections to these five seats along with the three in Karnataka.
B S Yedyurappa and B Sriramulu of the BJP and C S Putturaju of the Janata Dal (Secular) have resigned to their Lok Sabha seats following their election to the State Assembly. The two BJP members’ resignations were accepted with effect from May 18, while the JD (S) member’s resignation was accepted with effect from May 21.
Now, if the five YSR Congress MPs resignations are to be accepted, the Election Commission would have to hold by-elections to these 8 Lok Sabha seats.
YSR Congress MP P Mithun Reddy said that the Lok Sabha Speaker had agreed to accept their resignations and in all probability, the Speaker would issue a notification either on June 19 or 20. Once the Lok Sabha issues notification, the same would be intimated to the Election Commission about the vacancies following which the EC would take a call.
The ruling Telugu Desam Party had announced that it would contest all the five Lok Sabha seats in the State if by-elections were held. Though the YSR Congress MPs have resigned in protest against the denial of special category status, the TDP wants to contest the seats to prove that the YSR Congress party’s protest was fake and the TDP’s protest was genuine.
The two parties are vying with each other to prove that they are genuine in fighting for the special category status. The TDP is confident that Chandrababu Naidu is more genuine and serious in his fight and accuse the YSR Congress of conspiracy with the BJP. However, it is now for the people to say who is fake and who is genuine if elections are held for the five Lok Sabha seats.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!