The YSR Congress is hopeful of by-elections to the five Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh for which the party MPs have submitted their resignations. The party leaders are confident of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan accepting their resignations in a day or two. They are also hopeful that the Election Commission would order for the by-elections to these five seats along with the three in Karnataka.
B S Yedyurappa and B Sriramulu of the BJP and C S Putturaju of the Janata Dal (Secular) have resigned to their Lok Sabha seats following their election to the State Assembly. The two BJP members’ resignations were accepted with effect from May 18, while the JD (S) member’s resignation was accepted with effect from May 21.
Now, if the five YSR Congress MPs resignations are to be accepted, the Election Commission would have to hold by-elections to these 8 Lok Sabha seats.
YSR Congress MP P Mithun Reddy said that the Lok Sabha Speaker had agreed to accept their resignations and in all probability, the Speaker would issue a notification either on June 19 or 20. Once the Lok Sabha issues notification, the same would be intimated to the Election Commission about the vacancies following which the EC would take a call.
The ruling Telugu Desam Party had announced that it would contest all the five Lok Sabha seats in the State if by-elections were held. Though the YSR Congress MPs have resigned in protest against the denial of special category status, the TDP wants to contest the seats to prove that the YSR Congress party’s protest was fake and the TDP’s protest was genuine.
The two parties are vying with each other to prove that they are genuine in fighting for the special category status. The TDP is confident that Chandrababu Naidu is more genuine and serious in his fight and accuse the YSR Congress of conspiracy with the BJP. However, it is now for the people to say who is fake and who is genuine if elections are held for the five Lok Sabha seats.
Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss? Superstar Rajinikanth celebrates his 69th birthday today and on eve of the day, his numerous fans are celebrating with various events and his next movie Petta teaser was also released and fans are going Gaga over it. With BJP losing heavily in the state assembly elections, it has been said that Rajinikanth has decided to delay his political entry further.
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery