According to sources minor leak has been detected in the sulphuric acid storage plant in Vedanta’s south Indian copper smelter, a government official said on Sunday, about a month after the state ordered its shutdown after protests in which 13 people died. Earlier police opened fire on a crowd of protesters on May 22 calling for the shutdown on the grounds of pollution. Presently the Tamilnadu state government then ordered a permanent shutdown.
Accordingly a leakage was observed in the sulphuric acid storage plant. Sandeep Nanduri ,The district’s top administrative official, said “It doesn’t look problematic, but we have decided to evacuate the storage as a safety precaution”.
As per report Vedanta Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of Vedanta Resources PLC
which operates the smelter, did not immediately respond to a request seeking
comment. Moreover the smelter accounted for over a third of India’s refined
copper output, and India is set to see a rise in copper imports following the
shutdown. Sulphuric acid, a corrosive byproduct of smelting, is used by
fertilizer and chemical companies as a raw material.
Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani! Politician Kaduvetti Guru's mother Kalyani has said that in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, she will contest against Anbumani and this was confirmed by her family members. Former MLA and Vanniyar association leader Kaduvetti Guru had passed away after health issues a few months back in Chennai Apollo hospital.
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin