Washington sources reported that Democratic lawmakers vowed Sunday to end the "evil" separation of migrant children from their parents at the US border, as First Lady Melania Trump made a rare political plea to end the deeply controversial practice. Meanwhile the "zero-tolerance" border security policy implemented by President Donald Trump's administration has sparked outrage on both sides of the political aisle and took on particular resonance as America celebrated Father's Day.
Accordingly Trump has said he wants the separations to end, but continues to blame opposition Democrats for the crisis, which critics say is one of his own making. He tweeted "The Democrats should get together with their Republican counterparts and work something out on Border Security & Safety. Don't wait until after the election because you are going to lose”.
Moreover his wife, who seldom wades into the
political arena, opted to call for bipartisan immigration reform to fix the
issue, rather than denounce the policy. Her spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told "Mrs.
Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides
of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform”.
Moreover she wrote on twitter “ For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we
have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate
if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family'
members, or if the adult has broken a law”.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day