The Opposition YSR Congress Party had ridiculed the Telugu media house, Andhra Jyothi-sponsored poll survey which was released the previous day. The survey gave yet another round of power to the ruling Telugu Desam Party putting its MLAs count at 110 against 102 it had won in the last election. The survey also gave advantage to the ruling TDP on the special category status issue, while keeping the Opposition YSR Congress aside.
Interestingly, the survey gave negative results to some of the ruling party leaders, including Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, who is said to be not in good terms with the media baron. Thus, it is clear that the survey is aimed at the rivals but special care was taken to project Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu as the best leader available in the State right now.
The YSR Congress reacted sharply to the survey. Its MLA from Narasaraopet in Guntur district, Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy discounted the survey and dared the TDP to come for by-elections if the party was so sure of its victory. He sought to advise the TDP to get the 22 defected MLAs resigned to their seats and seek fresh mandate if the party’s claims are to be believed.
The TDP is building up a positive image among the people towards the party and its policies in the government. The claims on uninterrupted power supply, cement roads and drains, toilets and houses, pension and insurance are its top claims, besides the Polavaram, Amaravati and investments to the State. As the party is getting ready for the next round of general elections, Chandrababu Naidu is focusing more on these programmes and schemes that would keep him in power.
But, the Opposition YSR Congress disapproves of these claims and says that people across the State are waiting for an opportunity to defeat the TDP. Gopireddi Srinivasa Reddy said that the TDP had failed to implement its key poll promises like total loan waiver to the farmers, job for every house and unemployment stipend, reservations for Kapus and other castes. There is public anger on these issues and the YSR Congress is confident of its victory if elections are held at any point of time.
The crowd that is seen along with Jaganmohan Reddy in his Praja Sankalpa Yatra is an indication to the increasing anti-incumbency and the YSR Congress claims that TDP’s defeat is certain. However, the YSR Congress legislator had thrown an open challenge to the TDP to come for by-elections, which is to be responded yet by the TDP.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open