New Delhi sources reported that Delhi government has directed all schools to ensure formation of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to deal with complaints of sexual harassment. The Directorate of Education said in a fresh communication to school principals said “As per the provisions under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 all schools are directed to ensure constitution of ICC”.
Meanwhile according to norms prescribed by DoE, there shall not be less than four members, including presiding officer in the ICC. The DoE letter said “The presiding officer of the committee shall be a woman employed at senior level in the school and at least half of the members should be women. Moreover one member must be from NGOs or associations committed to the cause of women or person familiar with issues relating to sexual harassment”.
Moreover the department has also asked schools to
ensure that the presiding officer and all ICC members shall not hold office for
a period exceeding three years from their date of nomination.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!