New Delhi sources reported that Delhi government has directed all schools to ensure formation of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to deal with complaints of sexual harassment. The Directorate of Education said in a fresh communication to school principals said “As per the provisions under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 all schools are directed to ensure constitution of ICC”.
Meanwhile according to norms prescribed by DoE, there shall not be less than four members, including presiding officer in the ICC. The DoE letter said “The presiding officer of the committee shall be a woman employed at senior level in the school and at least half of the members should be women. Moreover one member must be from NGOs or associations committed to the cause of women or person familiar with issues relating to sexual harassment”.
Moreover the department has also asked schools to
ensure that the presiding officer and all ICC members shall not hold office for
a period exceeding three years from their date of nomination.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees