Washington sources reported that after citing national security reasons for slapping tariffs on Canadian metals, Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor Tuesday, claiming its citizens were smuggling shoes across the border. Meanwhile Trump has angered Canada with his protectionist rhetoric, and has threatened to scrap the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in favor of a new bilateral trade deal.
He said "The tariffs are so massive. The tariffs to get common items back into Canada are so high that they have to smuggle them in". Trump continued "They buy shoes, and then they wear them. They scuff them up, they make them look old”. Moreover Canada is not going to take advantage of the United States any longer.
Further Canadians returning to their country from abroad receive certain
duty exemptions if they have been away for more than 24 hours. Meanwhile as
part of NAFTA renegotiation, Washington wants Ottawa to expand these waivers
to encourage Canadians to spend more in the US and such a measure would
negatively impact Canadian vendors.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!