Washington sources reported that after citing national security reasons for slapping tariffs on Canadian metals, Donald Trump escalated his attacks on America's northern neighbor Tuesday, claiming its citizens were smuggling shoes across the border. Meanwhile Trump has angered Canada with his protectionist rhetoric, and has threatened to scrap the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in favor of a new bilateral trade deal.
He said "The tariffs are so massive. The tariffs to get common items back into Canada are so high that they have to smuggle them in". Trump continued "They buy shoes, and then they wear them. They scuff them up, they make them look old”. Moreover Canada is not going to take advantage of the United States any longer.
Further Canadians returning to their country from abroad receive certain
duty exemptions if they have been away for more than 24 hours. Meanwhile as
part of NAFTA renegotiation, Washington wants Ottawa to expand these waivers
to encourage Canadians to spend more in the US and such a measure would
negatively impact Canadian vendors.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open