The ruling BJP at the Centre is going hard exposing facts about the devolution of funds from the Centre to the States under various heads. The BJP, which had been soft towards the TDP before former minister Kanna Lakshminarayana taking charge, is now going hard and harder every passing day. BJP’s new president Kanna Lakshminarayana and new MP, G V L Narasimha Rao, are coming up with one issue or the other every day hitting hard at the TDP.
Though the BJP has no scope of gaining ground in the State even by hitting at the TDP, the leaders from this north Indian party are targeting the TDP and Chandrababu Naidu more than anyone. Their focus is more on countering the TDP than campaigning for the BJP and its government.
The other day, BJP AP chief Kanna Lakshminarayana said that the Central government had given Rs 1.50 lakh crore to the State in the last four years under various heads. Surprisingly, the leaders prior to him have claimed that the Central government had given Rs 1.50 lakh crore to the State exclusively for the road works. It was Nitin Gadhkari, who had announced Rs 1.20 crore worth of national highway projects for the State, which included the flyovers at Kanakadurga temple and Benz Circle in Vijayawada.
Narasimha Rao goes online every day hitting at the TDP government with some facts and figures. On the Kadapa steel plant issue, he had quoted the State government’s letter, duly written by AP Bhavan’s resident commissioner Praveen Prakash who wanted the Central government to give package to the State and not the steel plant or the special category status.
While the TDP has every reason to justify its views and stands on any issue, the BJP leaders are struggling to prove the TDP wrong. The media advantage that the TDP has is seen as disadvantage for the BJP or for that matter any other political party in the State. The BJP leaders are slowly realising that it is not as easy as they thought to counter Chandrababu Naidu’s campaign.
The BJP is getting hard-hitting criticism now from Kadapa on the steel plant issue where the TDP leaders are on indefinite hunger strike. It is to be seen how the BJP would counter it despite its claims of giving huge amount of money to the State in the last four years.
Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals