AICC president Rahul Gandhi is understood to have set his eyes on the Andhra Pradesh politics. In a meeting with the party leaders from the State in Delhi, Rahul Gandhi had reportedly reviewed the party position besides taking information on the performance of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and Opposition Leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
The meeting, which also had the share of one-to-one interaction with the leaders, also had discussion about the need of alliance with other parties and the possibilities of strengthening the party from the grassroots. While some leaders favoured alliance with Jana Sena and the Left parties, some wanted the party to go it alone to strengthen its base in the State.
Majority of the leaders have reportedly favoured the continuation of Raghuveera Reddy as APCC chief, while some wanted a change to go aggressive as the incumbent is soft in targeting the TDP and the YSR Congress. Rahul Gandhi had reportedly told the AP leaders to target the YSR Congress more than the TDP as the victory of Jaganmohan Reddy in the next election would seal the fate of the party forever. “There is a lot of difference between Jaganmohan Reddy and his father Rajasekhar Reddy. While the late leader was more concerned about the welfare of the people, Jaganmohan Reddy’s agenda is only to capture power,” Rahul Gandhi is understood to have gave his view of the leadership in the State.
At the end of the meeting, Rahul Gandhi had asked APCC chief Raghuveera Reddy and AICC general secretary Oommen Chandy to keep visiting every district in the next four to five months strengthening the party. He had also reportedly promised to visit the State before the State goes for the next round of elections.
The party now has the booth level committees in one fourth of the total election booths in the State, which shows the party’s total bankruptcy of cadre after the 2014 elections. It might take a few more years for the party to have its activists at the grassroots as its existing cadre had migrated to the YSR Congress. The Congress wants to build the party on the special category status slogan claiming that it would be possible only through the Congress and only if Rahul Gandhi becomes the Prime Minister.It is to be seen how people would take this slogan once the Congress goes to the people in the next few months as it gets ready for the elections.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!