Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’. Meanwhile he told newsmen at Tiruchy on Tuesday that once the telecom staff were declared as BSNL employees, the consequence was that for the last nine years, they have been denied bonus, pay hike and other benefits.
Furthermore he disputed the Government’s claim that BSNL did not earn profits and said this was because of the Central government’s policy decision. Moreover he said that there were 66,000 telecom towers of the BSNL across the country and government was attempting to privatize these towers. Accordingly if the Government went ahead with that plan, the federation would launch a nationwide agitation, warned Mr. Mathivanan.
Further he also took strong exception to PM
Narendra Modi for allegedly acting as a 'brand ambassador' for the private Jio
network, but would not do such a thing for BSNL. Hence Mr. Mathivanan said once
there were 114 employees per 1,000 telephones and now it has come down to six
staff per 1,000 telephones. Due to this skewed ratio, the services of BSNL have
been severely affected of late.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code