Tiruchy sources added that Federation’s national vice-president C K Mathivanan said the National Federation of Telecom Employees have appealed to the Union Government to again categorically declare all the 2.5 lakh BSNL (public sector telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) employees as ‘Government servants’. Meanwhile he told newsmen at Tiruchy on Tuesday that once the telecom staff were declared as BSNL employees, the consequence was that for the last nine years, they have been denied bonus, pay hike and other benefits.
Furthermore he disputed the Government’s claim that BSNL did not earn profits and said this was because of the Central government’s policy decision. Moreover he said that there were 66,000 telecom towers of the BSNL across the country and government was attempting to privatize these towers. Accordingly if the Government went ahead with that plan, the federation would launch a nationwide agitation, warned Mr. Mathivanan.
Further he also took strong exception to PM
Narendra Modi for allegedly acting as a 'brand ambassador' for the private Jio
network, but would not do such a thing for BSNL. Hence Mr. Mathivanan said once
there were 114 employees per 1,000 telephones and now it has come down to six
staff per 1,000 telephones. Due to this skewed ratio, the services of BSNL have
been severely affected of late.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar