Hyderabad sources reported that sexual abuse in higher educational institutions continues to be a matter of grave concern. Recently a first year engineering student of IIT, Bombay, confessed to being abused by a senior who would generally target fresher’s and stated that he had complained about the incident to the Dean. Moreover, there was no response and no action was taken against the senior student.
As per report the confession which was posted online, was re-tweeted several times, even by alumni members who sought a quick and speedy action. However, the victim further posted that the perpetrator was going to walk away scot-free with no black mark on his record and most importantly, a job offer in hand. Meanwhile the case was especially noted as the complainant speaks about IIT Bombay which is the most preferred IIT by candidates among all the 23 IITs, especially by those who want to pursue computer science as a career. Around 15 more confessions poured in with regard to the same senior.
Accordingly Aditya Vignesh (name changed), a PhD
scholar in IIT-Bombay, said, “We were shocked when we saw the confession on our
Facebook page that even had a screenshot of the mail sent to the Dean. Moreover
it was saddening to note that this has been happening for long and many juniors
could not voice out against it. Further the incident has also come to the
limelight when applications are pouring in for IIT Bombay and we cannot even
begin to imagine how parents and students are feeling now”.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites