Hyderabad sources reported that sexual abuse in higher educational institutions continues to be a matter of grave concern. Recently a first year engineering student of IIT, Bombay, confessed to being abused by a senior who would generally target fresher’s and stated that he had complained about the incident to the Dean. Moreover, there was no response and no action was taken against the senior student.
As per report the confession which was posted online, was re-tweeted several times, even by alumni members who sought a quick and speedy action. However, the victim further posted that the perpetrator was going to walk away scot-free with no black mark on his record and most importantly, a job offer in hand. Meanwhile the case was especially noted as the complainant speaks about IIT Bombay which is the most preferred IIT by candidates among all the 23 IITs, especially by those who want to pursue computer science as a career. Around 15 more confessions poured in with regard to the same senior.
Accordingly Aditya Vignesh (name changed), a PhD
scholar in IIT-Bombay, said, “We were shocked when we saw the confession on our
Facebook page that even had a screenshot of the mail sent to the Dean. Moreover
it was saddening to note that this has been happening for long and many juniors
could not voice out against it. Further the incident has also come to the
limelight when applications are pouring in for IIT Bombay and we cannot even
begin to imagine how parents and students are feeling now”.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?