Hyderabad sources reported that the main opposition Congress and others have recently held protests in support of setting up of the steel plant in the Khammam region following reports that the Centre was not favorably inclined to execute it. He said the minister was speaking after inspecting Hyderabad Metro Rail works on the 16 km stretch between Ameerpet and LB Nagar, part of the first phase and it would be ready for operations by the end of July.
Rao said “The patronage to the Hyderabad Metro Rail had been good (with average 80,000 travelers since the first stretch was inaugurated seven months ago, he said adding there were no major complaint over the operations”. Meanwhile the 30 km long first leg of the Hyderabad Metro rail, inaugurated in November last year between Miyapur and Nagole, has 24 stations. Electric charging infrastructure would be set up at the metro stations to promote electric vehicles.
Media reports added that the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of second phase
of metro project was expected to be ready by July. The minister said the vision
was to link the Hyderabad international airport from all corners of the city
through the metro rail.
First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) According to sources Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Recently the End-to-end e-PDS system,
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi