As a counter attack to Trump's moves, India has raised customs duty on goods like Bengal gram, lentils and artemia which are imported from the United States. The increased duty hike would be implemented from August 4, as notified by Finance ministry.
Bengal gram and chick peas import duties have been raised to 60 per cent and lentils to 30 per cent. Besides, duty hike is applicable for apples, nuts, iron and steel, stainless steel products, tube and pipes, and screws, bolts. Boric acid and binders import duty has been increased to 7.5 per cent, domestic reagents to 10 per cent, and artemia to 15 per cent. Motorcycles imported from the US don't have duty hike.
This move was to retaliate against
duty hike by the US government headed by Trump, on steel and aluminium products
which had USD 241 million tariffs implied on India. India has pulled
US to WTO dispute settlement process for the hike in import duties
of steel and aluminium.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open