G.Bhagawan, the English teacher of Government Higher secondary school, Veliagaram in Thiruvallur district had been given the transfer order, following which the students of the school were worried and teary eyed. The students were heartbroken and were very affectionate on the 28 year old teacher that, as Bhagawan was leaving the campus, one of the students hugged him from behind, while the other students were holding his hands and pleading him not to leave the school.
Bhagawan was moved by this act of the students, and he was seen crying as well. This became sensational news in media, following which his transfer order has been kept on hold for 10 days. He was supposed to report to Government high school, Arungulam of Tirutani district. Bhagawan, who teaches English for classed 6 to 10, revealed that he had joined the school in 2014, and this was his first teacher job. He had also reasoned out that as the student - teacher ratio was high, and as he was an extra staff, they had to transfer him to Tirutani.
The teacher had attended the
transfer counseling and had chosen his location to Arungulam, but hearing the
news, students began opposing the decision while even the parents of the
students joined a protest against his transfer by the government. Students have
revealed that though many teachers had left the school earlier, they never had
this heavy feeling as they got attached to Bhagawan. Bhagawan himself explains
that he had developed a good bonding with the students as he interacted with
them beyond academics, and had told those stories, and got to know about their
families besides teaching with the help of projectors, and treating them in a
friendly, brotherly manner.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections