The resignations acceptance of the five MPs had come handy for the Opposition YSR Congress to take advantage of the situation. The party now wants to project the “great sacrifice” of the MPs to pave the way for the party’s victory in the next general elections.
As the special category status demand had become sentimental and all parties are programming their campaign around it, the YSR Congress wants to take major advantage projecting the MPs resignation. While there is no possibility of the by-elections for the five Parliament seats, the party is focusing more on taking the MPs to the people.
The party had already planned a day-long protest at Ananthapur on June 30 against the betrayal of the Telugu Desam Party in the State and the Bharatiya Janata Party at the Centre on the special category status. The five MPs are expected to be part of this protest followed by series of such events across the State. The YSR Congress is set to stake claim for the special category status fight and expose both the TDP and the BJP on denying the benefit to the State.
The YSR Congress had already prepared a detailed list of statements that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had made during the last four years on the special category status. The party is also preparing documental evidence to be presented to the people on how Chandrababu Naidu had changed his stand on the key issue over the last four years. The audio clip is also planned for the social media campaign to hit at the ruling TDP.
Jaganmohan Reddy, who is now in Hyderabad, is set to meet the party senior leaders, including some of the MPs, on Friday evening and discuss the course of agitation to be taken up in the coming months. The party wants to keep the tempo and gain maximum benefit from the resignations in the form of votes.
“Our MPs have made greatest sacrifice of quitting their posts. It is the time for every leader in the party to tell the people about this sacrifice and make people understand our commitment,” Jaganmohan Reddy had reportedly told the party leaders on Thursday evening, when the news of the Lok Sabha speaker accepting the resignations came out.
It is to be seen how Jaganmohan Reddy and his party would make use of this opportunity in projecting the resignations as sacrifice.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers