Jakarta sources added police said on Wednesday that more than 190 people are now believed to be missing after Monday's ferry disaster on Lake Toba, on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Meanwhile the number, revised up from 130, is three times the number of passengers the ferry was licensed to carry.
Accordingly Lake Toba, the world's largest volcanic lake, was busy with tourists celebrating the annual Eid holiday when the ferry sank in poor weather. Police said many victims are thought to have been trapped inside the vessel. Moreover Indonesia's national search and rescue agency said only 18 survivors had been found, all within hours of the tragedy. As per report three bodies have been recovered. A BBC report said authorities say the boat operators didn't hand out tickets so there are no records of who was on board.
Meanwhile desperate families have spent the past
days desperately waiting for news and hoping that the search and rescue boats
returning to shore might bring any news. Earlier on Wednesday, divers and an
underwater drone joined the search efforts and the teams still need to locate
the wooden ferry at the bottom of the 1,500-ft-deep lake. Fajar Alamsyah Putra
told "This is a test from God for our family". Moreover according to
official regulations, all boats in Indonesia must not exceed capacity and must
have life jackets for every single passenger on board.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?