Jakarta sources added police said on Wednesday that more than 190 people are now believed to be missing after Monday's ferry disaster on Lake Toba, on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Meanwhile the number, revised up from 130, is three times the number of passengers the ferry was licensed to carry.
Accordingly Lake Toba, the world's largest volcanic lake, was busy with tourists celebrating the annual Eid holiday when the ferry sank in poor weather. Police said many victims are thought to have been trapped inside the vessel. Moreover Indonesia's national search and rescue agency said only 18 survivors had been found, all within hours of the tragedy. As per report three bodies have been recovered. A BBC report said authorities say the boat operators didn't hand out tickets so there are no records of who was on board.
Meanwhile desperate families have spent the past
days desperately waiting for news and hoping that the search and rescue boats
returning to shore might bring any news. Earlier on Wednesday, divers and an
underwater drone joined the search efforts and the teams still need to locate
the wooden ferry at the bottom of the 1,500-ft-deep lake. Fajar Alamsyah Putra
told "This is a test from God for our family". Moreover according to
official regulations, all boats in Indonesia must not exceed capacity and must
have life jackets for every single passenger on board.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar