With the inclusion of Petrol and Diesel under the GST, there will be a taxation of 28% and an additional value added tax which makes it obvious that there are no chances of a price reduction of the fuels. Currently the tax imposed on petrol per liter is 19 rupees and 48 paise, while the tax imposed per liter of diesel happens to be 15 rupees and 33 paise. Besides, the state governments have been imposing the VAT as well. Thanks to this taxation, half of the petrol and diesel prices are attributed to the state and central government taxes itself.
As a least tax, only Andaman and Nicobar islands have 6% sales tax. With regards to Petrol, Mumbai has 39.12 % sales tax, and Telangana has 36% sales tax, with tax being 45-50 % of petrol price, and 30-35% of diesel price. While it was earlier misguided that inclusion of petrol and diesel under GST will help reduce prices, it has been revealed that it will actually increase the price of the fuels.
It is based on the price of crude
oil in international market that the rates of fuels are determined, and during
Karnataka elections, there was a pause in price increment, and immediately post
the election result, the prices were raised by more than 4 rupees.
While it was learnt that reducing excise tax will result in loss for the
government to the tune of `13000 crores, now the government is planning to
impose GST on Petrol and Diesel.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam