Minister for Human Resources, Ganta Srinivasa Rao, is likely to quit the ruling Telugu Desam Party. Sources say that he had made up his mind to call it a day in the TDP. Though Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had tried to pacify him in Visakhapatnam the other day, the Minister is said to be disappointed and unhappy with the TDP.
He took the decision following a survey revealed by Telugu media group, Andhra Jyothi, which predicted his defeat at Bhimili Assembly constituency in Visakhapatnam, while it gave a second victory to the TDP. He strongly believes that the survey was released after due clearance by the Chief Minister, who wanted to scare the Minister and other leaders. But, the Minister took it seriously and had kept himself away from the government activities, including the Cabinet meet. It is said that Chandrababu Naidu wanted Ganta Srinivas Rao to meet him and seek his support once the survey results are out. However, his expectations proved wrong as the Minister did not turn up even for the Cabinet meeting.
Surprised at this development, Chandrababu Naidu had arranged a meeting in Visakhapatnam and had sent two senior leaders to Ganta to pacify him. Deputy chief minister Nimmakayala Chinarajappa and MLA P Ramesh Babu have visited Ganta at his home and closeted with him for two hours. It was in their presence Chandrababu Naidu had called Chinarajappa’s mobile and spoke to the sulking Minister and had invited him to participate in his programmes.
On the pressure from the two leaders and the Chief Minister, the Minister had attended the programmes but left in between without even informing the Chief Minister. Shocked at this, the Chief Minister had once again sent the deputy chief minister and invited Ganta for lunch where the two had private talks. However, even after the lunch meeting, the Minister is not happy with the Chief Minister and had decided to quit.Ganta’s contention is that Andhra Jyothi’s survey was released at the behest of the Chief Minister and was aimed at him. He did not believe Chandrababu Naidu’s claims that he too had no knowledge of the survey.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!