Minister for Human Resources, Ganta Srinivasa Rao, is likely to quit the ruling Telugu Desam Party. Sources say that he had made up his mind to call it a day in the TDP. Though Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had tried to pacify him in Visakhapatnam the other day, the Minister is said to be disappointed and unhappy with the TDP.
He took the decision following a survey revealed by Telugu media group, Andhra Jyothi, which predicted his defeat at Bhimili Assembly constituency in Visakhapatnam, while it gave a second victory to the TDP. He strongly believes that the survey was released after due clearance by the Chief Minister, who wanted to scare the Minister and other leaders. But, the Minister took it seriously and had kept himself away from the government activities, including the Cabinet meet. It is said that Chandrababu Naidu wanted Ganta Srinivas Rao to meet him and seek his support once the survey results are out. However, his expectations proved wrong as the Minister did not turn up even for the Cabinet meeting.
Surprised at this development, Chandrababu Naidu had arranged a meeting in Visakhapatnam and had sent two senior leaders to Ganta to pacify him. Deputy chief minister Nimmakayala Chinarajappa and MLA P Ramesh Babu have visited Ganta at his home and closeted with him for two hours. It was in their presence Chandrababu Naidu had called Chinarajappa’s mobile and spoke to the sulking Minister and had invited him to participate in his programmes.
On the pressure from the two leaders and the Chief Minister, the Minister had attended the programmes but left in between without even informing the Chief Minister. Shocked at this, the Chief Minister had once again sent the deputy chief minister and invited Ganta for lunch where the two had private talks. However, even after the lunch meeting, the Minister is not happy with the Chief Minister and had decided to quit.Ganta’s contention is that Andhra Jyothi’s survey was released at the behest of the Chief Minister and was aimed at him. He did not believe Chandrababu Naidu’s claims that he too had no knowledge of the survey.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam