Panaji sources added that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is likely to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi next week to resolve the mining crisis in the coastal state which was triggered after the Supreme Court banned mining in all 88 operational mining leases in March. Accordingly a statement issued by the Chief Minister's Office said on Friday "The Chief Minister will also hold a joint meeting of all mining concerned MLAs shortly to arrive at a consensus after which the matter will be taken up with the centre and Prime Minister Narendra Modi," after Mr. Parrikar met legislators from the state's mining belt.
Meanwhile when resolving the mining imbroglio is one of the first challenges before Mr. Parrikar who returned on June 14, returned after a nearly three month absence, during which he was undergoing treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer in a US hospital. Moreover among the legislators who met the Chief Minister were Speaker Pramod Sawant, Pravin Zantye, Rajesh Patnekar (BJP), Prasad Gaonkar and Deepak Pauskar, where the Chief Minister discussed ways and means in which mining can be resumed in Goa.
Furthermore the mining issue has been hanging fire
in Goa ever since the Supreme Court banned extraction and transportation of
iron ore from 88 mining leases from March this year, while also directing the
state government to re-issue mining leases.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?