Panaji sources added that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is likely to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi next week to resolve the mining crisis in the coastal state which was triggered after the Supreme Court banned mining in all 88 operational mining leases in March. Accordingly a statement issued by the Chief Minister's Office said on Friday "The Chief Minister will also hold a joint meeting of all mining concerned MLAs shortly to arrive at a consensus after which the matter will be taken up with the centre and Prime Minister Narendra Modi," after Mr. Parrikar met legislators from the state's mining belt.
Meanwhile when resolving the mining imbroglio is one of the first challenges before Mr. Parrikar who returned on June 14, returned after a nearly three month absence, during which he was undergoing treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer in a US hospital. Moreover among the legislators who met the Chief Minister were Speaker Pramod Sawant, Pravin Zantye, Rajesh Patnekar (BJP), Prasad Gaonkar and Deepak Pauskar, where the Chief Minister discussed ways and means in which mining can be resumed in Goa.
Furthermore the mining issue has been hanging fire
in Goa ever since the Supreme Court banned extraction and transportation of
iron ore from 88 mining leases from March this year, while also directing the
state government to re-issue mining leases.
Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet Islamabad sources reported that India's decision to cancel the foreign minister-level meeting in New York was "arrogant", Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said Saturday, asserting that he was "disappointed" by the New Delhi's "negative" response. Meanwhile India on Friday cited the "brutal" killing of three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir as well as the release of the postal stamps "glorifying" Kashmiri militant Burhan Wani for calling off the meeting between External
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27