Washington sources reported that Donald Trump will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to Britain next month, and many Brits are not amused. Meanwhile when speaking to Kay Burley of Sky News, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom confirmed the meeting. Robert Wood Johnson said when asked whether Trump's visit would involve seeing the queen "Yes, he has to see the head of state, by putting his foot on the ground of British soil, its job one very, very important, very symbolic".
He said during the interview "Meeting Her Majesty is the most important thing, because she's the head of state, and from there on, it will be what the president wants to do”. Meanwhile plans are still being finalized, Trump's July visit falls on Friday the 13th a date considered unlucky by some. Accordingly it will be Trump's first visit to Britain since being elected president in 2016.
Moreover on social media, news of the meeting did
not go down well and he finds it hard to believe the Queen would meet with
Trump," wrote another. Further after facing domestic and international
outrage, Trump issued an executive order Wednesday that ends family separation,
instead keeping families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution
for illegal border crossings. Hence the ambassador's confirmation of the
meeting with the queen comes after days of intense global condemnation of
Trump. Moreover Trump has long been a controversial figure in Britain and has
called into question the state of U.S.-British relations on numerous occasions.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open