Washington sources reported that Donald Trump will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to Britain next month, and many Brits are not amused. Meanwhile when speaking to Kay Burley of Sky News, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom confirmed the meeting. Robert Wood Johnson said when asked whether Trump's visit would involve seeing the queen "Yes, he has to see the head of state, by putting his foot on the ground of British soil, its job one very, very important, very symbolic".
He said during the interview "Meeting Her Majesty is the most important thing, because she's the head of state, and from there on, it will be what the president wants to do”. Meanwhile plans are still being finalized, Trump's July visit falls on Friday the 13th a date considered unlucky by some. Accordingly it will be Trump's first visit to Britain since being elected president in 2016.
Moreover on social media, news of the meeting did
not go down well and he finds it hard to believe the Queen would meet with
Trump," wrote another. Further after facing domestic and international
outrage, Trump issued an executive order Wednesday that ends family separation,
instead keeping families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution
for illegal border crossings. Hence the ambassador's confirmation of the
meeting with the queen comes after days of intense global condemnation of
Trump. Moreover Trump has long been a controversial figure in Britain and has
called into question the state of U.S.-British relations on numerous occasions.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes