Ananthapur MP J C Diwakar Reddy is known for shaking news, not breaking news. He speaks in his Rayalaseema accent and it looks like he is too open. But, he is too cautious and carefully chooses his words to make any statement.
The latest in the series is his statement on the steel plant agitation by the TDP leaders. TDP MP C M Ramesh is on hunger strike seeking steel plant for Kadapa and the fast had reached fourth day. Responding to the fast, Diwakar Reddy said the fast would not help in getting the steel plant. “No fast in politics fulfils the demands,” he said categorically ridiculing the fast by the TDP MP.
He went two steps forward to claim that he had told Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu two years ago that BJP is not prepared to give special category status to the State. Diwakar Reddy had reportedly told the same to Ramesh and advised him to call off the hunger strike.“Modi will never fulfil these promises. Today’s politicians are indifferent to the peoples’ demands. The fast only spoils your health and it is better you call off the fast,” Diwakar Reddy reportedly told the fasting MP Ramesh.
He also tried to draw parallels between the agitation for steel plant at Visakhapantam and now the steel plant for Kadapa. “Those days and those rulers were different and we got the steel plant in Visakhapatnam. But, today the rulers are indifferent to the issues of the people. They don’t respect the popular demands,” he said.
Diwakar Reddy’s statements have come as shock for the TDP leaders who are trying to get greater mileage from the agitation. They don’t want to be found behind the YSR Congress and launched the hunger strike for steel plant, while Chandrababu Naidu himself is leading the agitation for the special category status.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?