Ananthapur MP J C Diwakar Reddy is known for shaking news, not breaking news. He speaks in his Rayalaseema accent and it looks like he is too open. But, he is too cautious and carefully chooses his words to make any statement.
The latest in the series is his statement on the steel plant agitation by the TDP leaders. TDP MP C M Ramesh is on hunger strike seeking steel plant for Kadapa and the fast had reached fourth day. Responding to the fast, Diwakar Reddy said the fast would not help in getting the steel plant. “No fast in politics fulfils the demands,” he said categorically ridiculing the fast by the TDP MP.
He went two steps forward to claim that he had told Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu two years ago that BJP is not prepared to give special category status to the State. Diwakar Reddy had reportedly told the same to Ramesh and advised him to call off the hunger strike.“Modi will never fulfil these promises. Today’s politicians are indifferent to the peoples’ demands. The fast only spoils your health and it is better you call off the fast,” Diwakar Reddy reportedly told the fasting MP Ramesh.
He also tried to draw parallels between the agitation for steel plant at Visakhapantam and now the steel plant for Kadapa. “Those days and those rulers were different and we got the steel plant in Visakhapatnam. But, today the rulers are indifferent to the issues of the people. They don’t respect the popular demands,” he said.
Diwakar Reddy’s statements have come as shock for the TDP leaders who are trying to get greater mileage from the agitation. They don’t want to be found behind the YSR Congress and launched the hunger strike for steel plant, while Chandrababu Naidu himself is leading the agitation for the special category status.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018