Thoothukudi sources stated that according to Thoothukudi district collector, Mr. Sandeep Nanduri the other flammable substances stored at Sterlite copper industry in Thoothukudi too would be evacuated based on the report of the high level technical committee that thoroughly inspected the factory site.
Meanwhile when briefing on the ongoing process of the evacuation of sulphuric acid that commenced last Monday, following the reported leakage of the acid from its storage tank, the collector said that so far around 1,500 tonnes of sulphuric acid have been evacuated using 85 acid tanker lorries. Mr. Nandamuri said “A very small quantity is yet to be removed from the storage tank and the process would be completed within another day”.
Moreover the collector also added that a high level expert committee
comprising two retired professors from Anna University and IIT Madras, district
environmental engineer, TNPCB, district fire officer and inspector of factories
has already done a thorough study about the status of the other flammable
substances like phosphoric acid, LPG and diesel stored at the Sterlite complex. Further the sulphuric acid evacuated from the
copper smelter plant, however, was reportedly sold to the dying units and the
detergent manufacturers in Tirupur, Coimbatore and Salem regions.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code