In the early days of Telugu Desam Party, its founder N T Rama Rao called the Opposition Congress “blasted fruits” (kukkamuti pindelu). It took several years for the TDP to brand the Opposition in similar terms and it was Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu who called the Opposition YSR Congress as “heard of monkeys”.
While NTR was justified in his criticism against the rivals as he was new to politics and took time for him to restrain from making such comments. Though he became the chairman of the National Front and played key role in the national politics, he never used such abusive words against the rivals later on.
Chandrababu Naidu too was not seen making such a low and cheap statements against the rivals. Claiming to be the senior most politician of the country, he restrained from using abusive language at the rivals, did not even react in the same length when he was personally attacked by Opposition leader Jaganmohan Reddy, starting from the Nandyal by-election.
However, having pushed the state into election mode, Chandrababu Naidu had made such a low and cheap comment against the YSR Congress. He called the entire party as heard of monkeys, ready to destroy the State. He made this comment when he was addressing the Anganwadi teachers of Krishna and Guntur district the other day.
The TDP leaders have been making personal attack on Jaganmohan Reddy and Vijayasai Reddy for all these days on the corruption charges and the CBI cases pending against them. They have heckled the two leaders calling them court birds. Jaganmohan Reddy too was not exception in hitting at Chandrababu Naidu and his comments crossed the limits and spirit of democracy.
But, being in power for close to 15 years and with 40 years of political experience, Chandrababu Naidu’s statement against the YSR Congress raises doubts over his losing confidence levels on the next elections. With Kapus, Brahmins, Nayee Brahmins, Rajakas, Boyas and a couple of more smaller castes turning against him and the BJP joining hands indirectly with the YSR Congress, Chandrababu Naidu looks uncomfortable in the seat and perhaps is not confident of retaining the power. This is what is now analysed from his statement against the opposition.
His comments on the election promises too is a shocker for many as he had come to power in the last election on two promises – total loan waiver for farmers and women and job for every family. People in the State are aware of how these two promises by him are fulfilled and they are the judges for the next round of election.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers