Pattiseema lift irrigation scheme on Godavari river has been the bone of contention between the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the rest of the Opposition. While the TDP sees the project as a blessing for Krishna delta, the Opposition looks it at the source of corruption in the government. Interestingly, the Bharatiya Janata Party, after break-up with the TDP, is after this project making corruption allegations against the government.
BJP State president Kanna Lakshminarayana joined the critics on the project and had even dared to go to jail if he fails to prove the corruption. He said some big wigs in the government were involved in huge corruption and pocketed Rs 350 crore funds in Pattiseema project and some more funds were diverted to pockets of TDP leaders from Polavaram project too.
The TDP is slinging mud on BJP as if it has done nothing to AP, he said and added the Centre planned to complete the Polavaram project with Central funds but the AP government has rejected the proposal and stated that it would complete the project with its own expenditure. He recalled the AP government had passed a resolution in the Assembly and appreciated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for sanctioning huge funds for various projects. But, now Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has changed his stand towards Modi and blaming him.
Stating that the Centre will sanction railway zone for Visakhapatnam, Kanna said the other proposals like Dugarajapatnam port were under active consideration. Recalling that the TDP government has sent a report to the Centre that steel plant at Kadapa was not viable, the BJP chief said over 20,000 staff working under Sakshara Bharat Scheme lost their jobs because of TDP government’s negligence.He said the Centre had informed all the states to propose some other project as they had merged Sakshara Bharat scheme in a new project.
All states have sent proposals except AP and protected the jobs of these volunteers, he pointed out. Kanna said that Naidu lost his mental balance and it clearly reflected in his speeches. The BJP chief said, “We all should join hands to protect the people from Naidu and his Cabinet. Modi came into power with his efforts and hardworking but not like Naidu who grabbed the chair from TDP founder NT Rama Rao by back stabbing.”
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post