Pattiseema lift irrigation scheme on Godavari river has been the bone of contention between the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the rest of the Opposition. While the TDP sees the project as a blessing for Krishna delta, the Opposition looks it at the source of corruption in the government. Interestingly, the Bharatiya Janata Party, after break-up with the TDP, is after this project making corruption allegations against the government.
BJP State president Kanna Lakshminarayana joined the critics on the project and had even dared to go to jail if he fails to prove the corruption. He said some big wigs in the government were involved in huge corruption and pocketed Rs 350 crore funds in Pattiseema project and some more funds were diverted to pockets of TDP leaders from Polavaram project too.
The TDP is slinging mud on BJP as if it has done nothing to AP, he said and added the Centre planned to complete the Polavaram project with Central funds but the AP government has rejected the proposal and stated that it would complete the project with its own expenditure. He recalled the AP government had passed a resolution in the Assembly and appreciated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for sanctioning huge funds for various projects. But, now Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has changed his stand towards Modi and blaming him.
Stating that the Centre will sanction railway zone for Visakhapatnam, Kanna said the other proposals like Dugarajapatnam port were under active consideration. Recalling that the TDP government has sent a report to the Centre that steel plant at Kadapa was not viable, the BJP chief said over 20,000 staff working under Sakshara Bharat Scheme lost their jobs because of TDP government’s negligence.He said the Centre had informed all the states to propose some other project as they had merged Sakshara Bharat scheme in a new project.
All states have sent proposals except AP and protected the jobs of these volunteers, he pointed out. Kanna said that Naidu lost his mental balance and it clearly reflected in his speeches. The BJP chief said, “We all should join hands to protect the people from Naidu and his Cabinet. Modi came into power with his efforts and hardworking but not like Naidu who grabbed the chair from TDP founder NT Rama Rao by back stabbing.”
Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200! More than 200 people have lost their lives in a fatal boat accident in Tanzania. Tanzania is a small country located in East Africa, and Lake Victoria is an important lake separating Tanzania and Uganda. In such a situation, a huge accident has happened in Lake Victoria, with a boat. A boat has capsized, impacting the lives of more than 200 people on board the boat.
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app