The Backward Classes in the Telugu States have been raising the voice for due share in politics. The leaders have been asking all the parties to give them political power. The demand has been there for several years and it gains momentum as elections approach.
Leaders like R Krishnaiah had been there speaking for the BCs, while there are several others settled in some party or the other. Ironically, Krishnaiah, who started his career as champion of the BCs as an independent leader, had finally fell in the trap of the TDP in the last elections. Though the TDP had projected him as its chief minister’s candidate for Telangana, the party did not make him even the floor leader after the election. This is how the parties treat the BCs before and after elections.
Krishnaiah had distanced himself from the TDP and had announced that he would launch a new political party for the next round of election. It is said that he is working on it to have his outfit for the two Telugu States.
The new party is likely to be a reality by next August with Krishaiah heading it. The party leaders like the BCs Political Joint Action Committee N Venkata Ramana and others who had a meeting in Vijayawada decaled that the new political party would be announced in August and the party would contest the 2019 elections in the two States.
The new party would also put pressure on the other parties to allocate at least 50 per cent Assembly and Parliament seats for the BCs. The party is likely to take up campaign across the two Telugu States where BCs are a good vote bank.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?