The Backward Classes in the Telugu States have been raising the voice for due share in politics. The leaders have been asking all the parties to give them political power. The demand has been there for several years and it gains momentum as elections approach.
Leaders like R Krishnaiah had been there speaking for the BCs, while there are several others settled in some party or the other. Ironically, Krishnaiah, who started his career as champion of the BCs as an independent leader, had finally fell in the trap of the TDP in the last elections. Though the TDP had projected him as its chief minister’s candidate for Telangana, the party did not make him even the floor leader after the election. This is how the parties treat the BCs before and after elections.
Krishnaiah had distanced himself from the TDP and had announced that he would launch a new political party for the next round of election. It is said that he is working on it to have his outfit for the two Telugu States.
The new party is likely to be a reality by next August with Krishaiah heading it. The party leaders like the BCs Political Joint Action Committee N Venkata Ramana and others who had a meeting in Vijayawada decaled that the new political party would be announced in August and the party would contest the 2019 elections in the two States.
The new party would also put pressure on the other parties to allocate at least 50 per cent Assembly and Parliament seats for the BCs. The party is likely to take up campaign across the two Telugu States where BCs are a good vote bank.
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP