According to sources in a bid to monitor and encourage cities to improve urban sanitation, Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has conducted the Swachh Survekshan 2018, in which Hyderabad slipped five places to 27th rank, as against 22nd rank in the 2017 rankings. Meanwhile although the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) undertook various cleanliness drives and initiatives, Hyderabad's position has slipped this year.
Recently the GHMC held regular community meetings, initiated awareness campaigns in various social media platforms and conducted street shows to spread the cleanliness idea, this year. Furthermore the main objective of Swachh Survekshan 2018 was to encourage large scale citizen participation and create awareness among all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live.
Moreover the survey also intended to foster a
spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service
delivery to citizens in the direction of creating cleaner cities. Earlier in
the national level survey, Greater Hyderabad secured an overall score of
3,091.5 marks out of the total 4,000 marks, out of which, service level
progress category scored 973, Direct Observation got 1176.75 and citizen
feedback secured 941.50 marks.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?