As per report Saudi women are officially allowed to get behind the wheel, after a decades old driving ban was lifted. Meanwhile as per report the change was announced last September and Saudi Arabia issued the first licenses to women earlier this month.
As per report it was the only country left in the world where women could not drive and families had to hire private chauffeurs for female relatives. Accordingly the move comes amid an intensified crackdown on activists who campaigned for the right to drive. Meanwhile human rights group Amnesty says at least eight women's rights activists are being detained and could face trial in a counter terrorism court and long prison sentences for their activism.
Furthermore they include Loujain al-Hathloul, a
well known figure in the campaign for women's driving rights. Moreover amnesty
has also called for wider reforms in Saudi Arabia, where women remain subject
to male guardianship laws. Saudi television presenter said "It is a
historic moment for every Saudi woman". She said "Those days of
waiting long hours for a driver are over and we no longer need a man."
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018