As per report Saudi women are officially allowed to get behind the wheel, after a decades old driving ban was lifted. Meanwhile as per report the change was announced last September and Saudi Arabia issued the first licenses to women earlier this month.
As per report it was the only country left in the world where women could not drive and families had to hire private chauffeurs for female relatives. Accordingly the move comes amid an intensified crackdown on activists who campaigned for the right to drive. Meanwhile human rights group Amnesty says at least eight women's rights activists are being detained and could face trial in a counter terrorism court and long prison sentences for their activism.
Furthermore they include Loujain al-Hathloul, a
well known figure in the campaign for women's driving rights. Moreover amnesty
has also called for wider reforms in Saudi Arabia, where women remain subject
to male guardianship laws. Saudi television presenter said "It is a
historic moment for every Saudi woman". She said "Those days of
waiting long hours for a driver are over and we no longer need a man."
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai