Hyderabad sources reported that the municipal administration and urban development department has won 22 awards from SKOCH, a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues. Accordingly the commissioner and director for municipal administration (CDMA) has been awarded in two categories for replacing three lakh plus street lights with LED lamps, which resulted to savings of Rs 37.13 crore in urban local bodies, and for effective implementation of paperless governance e-office.
Meanwhile as per report the Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (Mepma), another wing of the municipal administration department, bagged two awards for the first time. As per report Mepma conducted the first tab based GIS survey of urban homeless, which is being used as a benchmark for other states by the Centre and moreover it won the second award for employment through skills training and placement.
Furthermore six urban local bodies won the awards
for improved service standards and enhanced capabilities. Moreover the Greater
Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) received four awards, two for raising
municipal bonds, one for 2BHK project and the fourth for the MYGHMC app and
Boduppal municipality, which was constituted two years ago, won two
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections