Actor Dileep, called Janapriyanayakan by his fans, has been a major part of the actress assault case, that had shook not just the Malayalam film industry, but the whole of south, with the brutality of the issue and the vulnerability of actresses to such incidents. Dileep had been made the 8th accused of the case, and was also ousted from the Malayalam actors association AMMA. However, last weekend saw the AMMA announcing that he is back to AMMA, though he won't be holding any official positions other than being a member.
Just a year, and without even getting a clean chit in the case, he has been back to the association which had ousted him, even before proving himself innocent. None had the courage to question his re-inclusion in the association except for one, Urmila Unni, who had questioned on why Dileep was back into the association now under the leadership of Mohanlal.
Over the year, a lot has been seen
on Dileep's influence, his power, and how his fans branded supporters of the
victim with terms like Feminichi, and started a campaign Avanoppam directly
against the Avalkoppam campaign, and also tarnished the image of the actress.
While there are questions of why Dileep should be a part of the association the
victim is also a part of, this is no wonder, as it has happened in a place where
the release of two of his movies post arrest, Ramaleela and Kammara Sambhavam
were celebrated, and where an actor like Prithiviraj who voiced for the
survivor was branded professional jealousy. It just gives a loud and clear
message that in a land ruled by powerful ones like Dileep, others don't have a
say even with justice on their side.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day