New Delhi sources reported that Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram today slammed the government for terming the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as a "celebration of honesty", saying if that was the case, why did the BJP oppose it for five years prior to coming to power in 2014. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, the senior Congress leader asked the government whether it knew that millions of traders and exporters were affected because their money was stuck and not being refunded promptly after the implementation of the GST regime, which completes one year.
He asked "If GST is a 'victory of integrity' and 'celebration of honesty', why did the BJP oppose it and stall it for 5 years? Why do the PM, FM and Acting FM refuse to speak on the numerous flaws in the implementation of GST?". Further describing the GST as a fine example of cooperative federalism, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had yesterday said the new system was a "festival of honesty" which had ended 'inspector raj' in the country.
He asked Chidambaram also asked how long can the
government use the temporary Form GSTR-3B? "Is it legally valid?"
"Why have GSTR-Form 2 and GSTR-Form 3 not been notified even after 12
months?". Moreover filing GSTR 3B form is mandatory for all those who have
registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST). The GSTR 3B is a simple tax return
form introduced by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) for the month
of July and August.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth