Sources from Karnataka stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy appointed Principal Secretary (Water Resources Department) Rakesh Singh as Karnataka’s representative to the Cauvery Management Authority on Monday. Meanwhile he also appointed HL Prasanna, the Managing Director of Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited as the state’s representative to the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee.
Accordingly he made the announcement in a meeting held on Monday and also called for an all party meet to discuss on the Cauvery issue on Wednesday. Moreover Karnataka had earlier refused to nominate a member to the committee until its grievances are heard. Recently with Tamilnadu, Kerala and Puducherry nominating their representatives to the committee, Karnataka had stayed back from appointing its representative to the committee.
Furthermore this committee will now assist the
Cauvery Water Authority to implement the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award
as modified by the Supreme Court. Moreover when the Centre failed to form the
scheme within the stipulated time, the Tamilnadu government moved the SC
accusing the Centre of contempt of court. Presently Karnataka had vehemently
opposed the formation of this committee since it will dilute the control that
the state has on the three reservoirs that are in the Cauvery river basin.
Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi! The former leader of Vishwa Hindu Parishad Praveen Togadia has said that during his 43 year long friendship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi he had never seen him selling tea. RSS leader Bhaiyaji Ghosh had said that at least for 5 years of Modi's rule. The lord ram temple at Ayodhya won't be constructed.
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!