Sources from Karnataka stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy appointed Principal Secretary (Water Resources Department) Rakesh Singh as Karnataka’s representative to the Cauvery Management Authority on Monday. Meanwhile he also appointed HL Prasanna, the Managing Director of Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited as the state’s representative to the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee.
Accordingly he made the announcement in a meeting held on Monday and also called for an all party meet to discuss on the Cauvery issue on Wednesday. Moreover Karnataka had earlier refused to nominate a member to the committee until its grievances are heard. Recently with Tamilnadu, Kerala and Puducherry nominating their representatives to the committee, Karnataka had stayed back from appointing its representative to the committee.
Furthermore this committee will now assist the
Cauvery Water Authority to implement the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award
as modified by the Supreme Court. Moreover when the Centre failed to form the
scheme within the stipulated time, the Tamilnadu government moved the SC
accusing the Centre of contempt of court. Presently Karnataka had vehemently
opposed the formation of this committee since it will dilute the control that
the state has on the three reservoirs that are in the Cauvery river basin.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan