Sources from Hyderabad added that Telangana stands first among all states in the country in terms of growth rate in state's own tax revenues. Meanwhile an official statement said with 17.6% growth rate in tax revenues from June 2014 to May 2018, Telangana tops the states, revealed the state government, quoting the information on the official website of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
Moreover according to CAG, Telangana has registered the highest growth rate of 17.6% followed by Haryana with 14.2%, Maharashtra with 13.9%, Odisha with 12.4% and West Bengal with 10.3%. Moreover Telangana's growth rate was 13.7% during 2015-16, 21.1% during 2016-17 and 16.8% during 2017-18. Accordingly the Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao said that the progressive financial policies, fiscal discipline, the commitment of the people in paying taxes to the government, resulted in the Telangana state achieving the highest average growth rate.
KCR added that despite the effects of demonetization and GST on the
finances of the state, Telangana could achieve stable growth rate. Further he
also said that the growth rate will also help the government in better
implementation of development and welfare programs in the state.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues