Sources from Hyderabad added that Telangana stands first among all states in the country in terms of growth rate in state's own tax revenues. Meanwhile an official statement said with 17.6% growth rate in tax revenues from June 2014 to May 2018, Telangana tops the states, revealed the state government, quoting the information on the official website of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
Moreover according to CAG, Telangana has registered the highest growth rate of 17.6% followed by Haryana with 14.2%, Maharashtra with 13.9%, Odisha with 12.4% and West Bengal with 10.3%. Moreover Telangana's growth rate was 13.7% during 2015-16, 21.1% during 2016-17 and 16.8% during 2017-18. Accordingly the Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao said that the progressive financial policies, fiscal discipline, the commitment of the people in paying taxes to the government, resulted in the Telangana state achieving the highest average growth rate.
KCR added that despite the effects of demonetization and GST on the
finances of the state, Telangana could achieve stable growth rate. Further he
also said that the growth rate will also help the government in better
implementation of development and welfare programs in the state.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites