Days after the Malayalam actors association AMMA had reinstated actor Dileep, the 8th accused and the mastermind behind the 2017 February actress molestation case, actress Rima Kallingal has opened up on her displeasure on the whole proceeding. Rima is the founder of Women in Cinema Collective, a forum founded by actresses to protect the female artists of Malayalam film industry and to fight and protect their rights.
Rima has said that there is no use logically, in discussing the decision of the organization. When asked on why WCC had not questioned AMMA on its decision to bring back Dileep, she had replied that there are 2 main reasons why they chose not to ask. Rima had said that though the WCC had raised 7 questions on Facebook, during the recent AMMA Mazhavillu fundraiser event, the organizers had publicly given their answers in complete disrespect of WCC, where a skit was performed by 6 actresses, with cameos by Mohanlal and Mammootty, and had mocked WCC as WhatsApp collective on women empowerment.
Rima added that the AMMA people have
already made it public, and they are just black and white and no grey at all,
and that they have insulted WCC in a very cheap manner. Hence it is not right
to expect WCC to discuss with AMMA further, said Rima. She argued that the
whole point behind the formation of WCC, especially post the ousting of Dileep
has been broken, as he is back to AMMA, and have also hinted at leaving AMMA
sooner, if Dileep continues to be in.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open