Chennai sources reported that the resolution mentions that all the states must be consulted and a consensus must be reached on the contents of the bill before it is passed in the Parliament. Accordingly the resolution, introduced in the Assembly by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, was passed unanimously.
Meanwhile the resolution mentions that since the bill has clauses that affect Tamilnadu’s rights on its dams and could cause issues in the operation and maintenance of the dams owned by TN but built in other states, the Central government must act to resolve the issues before it passes the bill. Earlier on June 15, the CM had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to keep the bill in abeyance till a consensus was reached between the states on the issues affecting them.
Moreover the CM had said that J Jayalalitha, the
former Chief Minister of TN, had conveyed the state’s objections to certain
clauses in the draft of the Dam Safety Bill. Accordingly he also said that the
Centre had not revised the draft since 2016 and hence it was understood that
the bill had been passed in its original form by the Union Cabinet on June 13.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India