United Nations sources added according to the US Mission to the UN that Nikki Haley, the first American of Indian descent to hold a cabinet level position in the US, begins a three day visit to India on Tuesday to advance relations between the two countries. Meanwhile Haley, who is the Permanent Representative to the UN with cabinet rank, is to meet senior Indian government officials and NGO and interfaith leaders to “underscore the US’ shared values and strong alliance with the people of India”.
According to the mission he is also scheduled to speak to a group of business and government leaders and representatives of students and civil society on “advancing the US India relations. Meanwhile the Trump Administration seeks to scale up relations with India with a view to making it an anchor of its emerging Indo-Pacific strategy as well as helping stabilize Afghanistan through its aid program.
Presently Haley, whose parents Ajit Singh Randhwa
and Raj Kaur Randhwa immigrated from Amritsar District, last visited India in
2013 when she was the governor of South Carolina. Accordingly Haley’s visit
comes ahead of the 2+2 Dialogue of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and
Defense Secretary James Mattis in Washington on July 6.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?