United Nations sources added according to the US Mission to the UN that Nikki Haley, the first American of Indian descent to hold a cabinet level position in the US, begins a three day visit to India on Tuesday to advance relations between the two countries. Meanwhile Haley, who is the Permanent Representative to the UN with cabinet rank, is to meet senior Indian government officials and NGO and interfaith leaders to “underscore the US’ shared values and strong alliance with the people of India”.
According to the mission he is also scheduled to speak to a group of business and government leaders and representatives of students and civil society on “advancing the US India relations. Meanwhile the Trump Administration seeks to scale up relations with India with a view to making it an anchor of its emerging Indo-Pacific strategy as well as helping stabilize Afghanistan through its aid program.
Presently Haley, whose parents Ajit Singh Randhwa
and Raj Kaur Randhwa immigrated from Amritsar District, last visited India in
2013 when she was the governor of South Carolina. Accordingly Haley’s visit
comes ahead of the 2+2 Dialogue of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and
Defense Secretary James Mattis in Washington on July 6.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code