New Delhi sources reported that fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya said he has become the "Poster Boy" of bank default and a lightning rod of public anger, and there's nothing he could do "if politically motivated extraneous factors interfere" with his efforts to settle the dues. Meanwhile when speaking after "two years of silence" over the controversy surrounding him in the over Rs 9,000 crore Kingfisher Airlines loan default case, Mallya denied that he was a willful defaulter.
Moreover tired of "relentless pursuit" of him by "the government and its criminal agencies", Mallya said he had even written letters to both the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister on April 15, 2016 to explain his side of the story. He said "The ED have also attached assets belonging to him, his group companies and companies owned and or controlled by his family under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) currently valued at approximately Rs 13,900 crore”.
Furthermore when citing reports of ED objecting to public sector banks'
claim to the proceeds arising from the sale of his assets, Mallya said, "This
is a clear example of politically motivated abuse of power with no legal basis
whatsoever and behaves the fundamental question of whether the government wants
me to repay the public sector banks or not".
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar