New Delhi sources reported that fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya said he has become the "Poster Boy" of bank default and a lightning rod of public anger, and there's nothing he could do "if politically motivated extraneous factors interfere" with his efforts to settle the dues. Meanwhile when speaking after "two years of silence" over the controversy surrounding him in the over Rs 9,000 crore Kingfisher Airlines loan default case, Mallya denied that he was a willful defaulter.
Moreover tired of "relentless pursuit" of him by "the government and its criminal agencies", Mallya said he had even written letters to both the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister on April 15, 2016 to explain his side of the story. He said "The ED have also attached assets belonging to him, his group companies and companies owned and or controlled by his family under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) currently valued at approximately Rs 13,900 crore”.
Furthermore when citing reports of ED objecting to public sector banks'
claim to the proceeds arising from the sale of his assets, Mallya said, "This
is a clear example of politically motivated abuse of power with no legal basis
whatsoever and behaves the fundamental question of whether the government wants
me to repay the public sector banks or not".
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall