New Delhi sources reported that the government issued an advisory forecast warning rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Assam, Meghalaya and north Bengal following a prediction of heavy rainfall in the current week. Accordingly the India Meteorological Department has forecast heavy to very heavy rains for the next three days in Gujarat and for the entire week in Konkan and Goa, coastal Karnataka, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
The Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Ministry said in a statement "Due to this warning, there is a likelihood of rise in water levels in various river basins”. Meanwhile the advisory forecast detailed the likely impact of these rains on Mumbai and different river basins Damanganga, Krishna, Brahmaputra, Barak and the west flowing river basins.
As per report "Due to very heavy rainfall forecast with isolated
extremely heavy rainfall in North Konkan on June 26, there is likelihood of
urban flooding and associated inundation in view of the high tides associated
with severe monsoon conditions". Moreover the rapid rise in water level is
expected in Damanganga basin in the districts of Nasik in Maharashtra, Valsad
in Gujarat and Daman in Union Territory of Daman and Diu during the next 48
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar