Chennai sources stated that the Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami had asserted that the crime rate in Tamilnadu has significantly reduced under the AIADMK regime. Meanwhile when replying to remarks made by the Opposition leader M K Stalin the Assembly in the course of the debate on the demands for grants for Home Department, Mr. Palaniswami said the government took stringent action against those disrupting law and order in the State.
Moreover to back his claim, he cited how the crime rate in the State had increased by 5.1% during the previous DMK period, but had significantly come down to 2.90% under the AIADMK rule now. Further Mr. Palaniswami pointed out that during the earlier DMK rule and there were a total of 67 police firings until 2010 with at least 33 persons losing their lives.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said that a Sulur based paan masala factory
near Coimbatore was raided and 'gutka' packets seized earlier this year. Recently
a special team has been constituted to investigate and arrest its owner, Amit
Jain. The CM added that a DMK MLA had protested this action, but the firm which
had been allegedly making 'gutka' since 2011 was distributing it to Madurai and
surrounding areas, said the Chief Minister.
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver