Chennai sources stated that the Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami had asserted that the crime rate in Tamilnadu has significantly reduced under the AIADMK regime. Meanwhile when replying to remarks made by the Opposition leader M K Stalin the Assembly in the course of the debate on the demands for grants for Home Department, Mr. Palaniswami said the government took stringent action against those disrupting law and order in the State.
Moreover to back his claim, he cited how the crime rate in the State had increased by 5.1% during the previous DMK period, but had significantly come down to 2.90% under the AIADMK rule now. Further Mr. Palaniswami pointed out that during the earlier DMK rule and there were a total of 67 police firings until 2010 with at least 33 persons losing their lives.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said that a Sulur based paan masala factory
near Coimbatore was raided and 'gutka' packets seized earlier this year. Recently
a special team has been constituted to investigate and arrest its owner, Amit
Jain. The CM added that a DMK MLA had protested this action, but the firm which
had been allegedly making 'gutka' since 2011 was distributing it to Madurai and
surrounding areas, said the Chief Minister.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!