As per report commuters will now have to pay Rs 27 for a single trip and previously, it was Rs 25. Presently according a Tamilnadu Road Development Company press release, quoted by media outlets, a Light Commercial Vehicle would have to pay Rs 45, as opposed to Rs 41 in the past. Buses have to pay Rs 71, as opposed to Rs 65 in the past. Meanwhile Trucks see an Rs 10 increase, and having to pay Rs 107 instead of the existing Rs 97 and multi axle vehicles now have to pay Rs 213 as opposed to Rs 193 in the past.
As per the move, which comes into force for a two year period, has faced objections from the public. According to a report, the corporation reportedly said that this was a routine move, to be undertaken every two years. Accordingly the 20 km stretch, from Madhya Kailash to Siruseri is the heart of the IT sector in Chennai. Moreover nearly 1.5 lakh vehicles ply on the roads on a daily basis.
Further the disgruntled residents, most of whom
work in the IT companies along the stretch have complained that the hike will
only keep private cab aggregates away as they would not like to spend money on
the toll each time. Moreover many others have complained about paying
increasing tolls for poorly serviced roads along the corridor, in addition to
inefficient service at the toll booths.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know