Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump today said he wants foreign workers to come in the US through a merit-based immigration system so as to meet the demands of companies that are moving into America in greater numbers. Meanwhile the Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and came to the US mainly on H-1B work visas, are the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a seven per cent per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency.
Mr. Trump told reporters at the White House during a luncheon with members of the Congress that "He wants people to come into our country because our country is doing so well and have companies moving into our country at numbers that nobody has seen in a long time. We need workers. So, he wants people to come in. They have to come in through the merit system though".
Mr. Trump said responding to a question on
immigration after the US Supreme Court upheld his travel ban against people
coming from eight Muslim-majority countries "They have to come in so that
they can help our country and these companies”. Further the US president said
he is not against people coming into the country but made it clear he wants
them to come legally through a merit based system, a move which experts believe
would help qualified people from countries like India.
Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking that India and Pakistan resume dialogue that has been suspended since 2015. In the letter addressing the PM as "Modi Sahab", Imran Khan also suggests a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries. Meanwhile the new Pakistan prime minister wrote Pakistan "remains ready" to discuss terrorism.
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name