6 former champion teams have advanced to the knockout stage of the 21st FIFA world cup, but the football fans all over the world had to witness the shocking exit of the defending champion Germany. Another former champion Italy had not even qualified for the world cup. The league phase of FIFA world cup ends today, and of the 32 teams that participated, 16 will be advancing to the next level. From the next knockout level, 8 teams will qualify to quarter finals.
From the A group, Russia and Uruguay, Spain, Portugal from B, France, Denmark from C, Croatia, Argentina from D group, Brazil , Switzerland from E group , Sweden, Mexico from F, and Belgium and England from G group have advanced to the knockout phase. Defending champion Germany had a shocking exit from world cup after winning only 1 of the 3 league matches, ending at the last position.
In the last league match, Germany
played pathetically, losing 2-0 to South Korea, and thus ended up earning the
tag of the worst playing nation of this world cup. This is the third
consecutive time that a former defending champion has excited at league phase,
just like Italy in 2010 and Spain in 2014. Prior to this, defending
champion of 1998, Brazil, had exited in league phase in 2002. While 4 time
winner Italy had disqualified this time, and of the 7 qualified former
champions, Germany had a pathetic campaign.
KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name According to sources TRS chief and CM KCR, who has filed his nomination on Wednesday at Gajwel RDO office, has declared his assets both movable and immovable assets. Meanwhile KCR declared that he has no own vehicle and further he stated that he owns assets worth Rs 10.40 Crore and his wife Shobha has assets worth Rs 94.59 Lakh.
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!