Hyderabad sources reported that the massive Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana, considered crucial for the prospects of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti in the 2019 Lok Sabha and assembly elections, is expected to become partly operational from August this year. Accordingly the ambitious project will provide irrigation facilities to farmers of 20 out of 31 districts of the state besides drinking water to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and water for industrial use in many cities.
Meanwhile the Rs 80,000 crore project on the Godavari district comprises three barrages, a series of pump houses and storage tanks. Rao said the project was conceived in 2007-08 but actual work started after the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government assumed office. He said "During our movement for the separate state, we had focused on three main issues water, funds and employment. These were the main concerns before the people. We decided to take up the irrigation issue on priority".
Rao added "After completion of the project in
2022, we will be able to irrigate 37.08 lakh acres of land of 20 out of the 31
districts of Telengana. With completion of its first phase it will be able to
irrigate 18.82 lakh acres of land". Moreover the project is expected to
benefit farmers of around 10 districts including Karimnagar, Warangal,
Nizamabad and Kamareddy.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?