Hyderabad sources reported that the massive Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana, considered crucial for the prospects of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti in the 2019 Lok Sabha and assembly elections, is expected to become partly operational from August this year. Accordingly the ambitious project will provide irrigation facilities to farmers of 20 out of 31 districts of the state besides drinking water to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and water for industrial use in many cities.
Meanwhile the Rs 80,000 crore project on the Godavari district comprises three barrages, a series of pump houses and storage tanks. Rao said the project was conceived in 2007-08 but actual work started after the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government assumed office. He said "During our movement for the separate state, we had focused on three main issues water, funds and employment. These were the main concerns before the people. We decided to take up the irrigation issue on priority".
Rao added "After completion of the project in
2022, we will be able to irrigate 37.08 lakh acres of land of 20 out of the 31
districts of Telengana. With completion of its first phase it will be able to
irrigate 18.82 lakh acres of land". Moreover the project is expected to
benefit farmers of around 10 districts including Karimnagar, Warangal,
Nizamabad and Kamareddy.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million