Hyderabad sources reported that the massive Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana, considered crucial for the prospects of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti in the 2019 Lok Sabha and assembly elections, is expected to become partly operational from August this year. Accordingly the ambitious project will provide irrigation facilities to farmers of 20 out of 31 districts of the state besides drinking water to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and water for industrial use in many cities.
Meanwhile the Rs 80,000 crore project on the Godavari district comprises three barrages, a series of pump houses and storage tanks. Rao said the project was conceived in 2007-08 but actual work started after the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government assumed office. He said "During our movement for the separate state, we had focused on three main issues water, funds and employment. These were the main concerns before the people. We decided to take up the irrigation issue on priority".
Rao added "After completion of the project in
2022, we will be able to irrigate 37.08 lakh acres of land of 20 out of the 31
districts of Telengana. With completion of its first phase it will be able to
irrigate 18.82 lakh acres of land". Moreover the project is expected to
benefit farmers of around 10 districts including Karimnagar, Warangal,
Nizamabad and Kamareddy.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam