According to sources in a major shock to Indian community aspiring to go to the US, the US President Donald Trump's government has tightened H-1B work visa norms which in turn may burn the profits of the Indian IT service firms further. Meanwhile US' fresh move is expected to put cost pressures on the Indian IT services firms and impact their margins due to increase in compliance and rise in onsite hiring and moreover the impact will be company specific and relative to H-1B visa dependence.
Gaurav Jain, vice-president, corporate sector ratings, Icra, a rating agency said "The changes will disqualify certain positions currently eligible for H-1B visas, thereby impeding the movement of low cost skilled labour from India and will have direct bearing on margins”. Moreover the US is also contemplating on awarding visas to the most skilled or to highest-paid beneficiaries. Accordingly Icra feels this move will work against the Indian IT services sector (H-1B dependent) as the average wage is approximately lower by 25% compared to companies that are not dependent on H-1B visas as per estimates.
Furthermore a firm is defined as H-1B dependent if more than 15% of its US
full-time employees are on an H-1B visa. He said the increased onsite hiring or
raising the compensation for H-1B visa applicants will impact companies' margins
and will be credit negative.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy