Washington sources reported that according to the Capitol Police, a total of 575 women were arrested for illegally demonstrating in a protest, which sought to express opposition against the immigration policy promoted by US President Donald Trump, which includes the detention and separation of children from their families. Meanwhile the women were arrested, charged and subsequently released at the scene.
Accordingly the arrests, which followed a morning march of hundreds of women through the streets of the US capital, occurred in the Hart building of the US Senate. Furthermore at least one congresswoman, Pramila Jayapal, who also participated in the protest, was among those arrested. Democratic House Representative Pramila Jayapal, adding that "He just got arrested with a group of at least 500 women who took over the center of the Hart Senate building protesting the inhumane and cruel policies of 'zero tolerance', the separation of families," and that she was "proud of being arrested with them".
Further the Trump Administration launched the so-called "zero
tolerance" policy last April, which considers illegal border crossing as a
criminal offense, meaning that immigrant minors will be separated from their
families. Moreover according to data from the US Department of Homeland
Security since then, the US government has reunited 538 children with their
relatives, but more than 2,000 minors still remain separated.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?