Washington sources reported that according to the Capitol Police, a total of 575 women were arrested for illegally demonstrating in a protest, which sought to express opposition against the immigration policy promoted by US President Donald Trump, which includes the detention and separation of children from their families. Meanwhile the women were arrested, charged and subsequently released at the scene.
Accordingly the arrests, which followed a morning march of hundreds of women through the streets of the US capital, occurred in the Hart building of the US Senate. Furthermore at least one congresswoman, Pramila Jayapal, who also participated in the protest, was among those arrested. Democratic House Representative Pramila Jayapal, adding that "He just got arrested with a group of at least 500 women who took over the center of the Hart Senate building protesting the inhumane and cruel policies of 'zero tolerance', the separation of families," and that she was "proud of being arrested with them".
Further the Trump Administration launched the so-called "zero
tolerance" policy last April, which considers illegal border crossing as a
criminal offense, meaning that immigrant minors will be separated from their
families. Moreover according to data from the US Department of Homeland
Security since then, the US government has reunited 538 children with their
relatives, but more than 2,000 minors still remain separated.
AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees Hyderabad sources reported that the Congress on Wednesday named newcomer legislator A. Revanth Reddy and former MP Ponnam Prabhakar as working presidents of the Telangana state Congress. Mr Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, who held the position earlier, has been made chairman of the campaign committee. Meanwhile AICC president Rahul Gandhi appointed politician turned actor Vijayashanti
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!