Actor Sidharth has slammed Jaggi Vasudev who had supported the Vedanta groups Sterlite Copper plant. Thoothukudi has been witnessing peaceful protest by people against the human life impacting and hazardous chemical emitting Sterlite Copper plant for many days.
The protest which had been going on peacefully was turned violent on May 22, as the cops inflicted brutality by murdering 13 innocent civilians by conducting an unexpected shootout. In this scenario, Esha Yoga's Guru Jaggi Vasudev had come in support of Sterlite copper.
He had posted in Twitter that though
he was not a copper smelter expert, if India did not produce indigenous, then
we need to get from China and we can make sure of ecological balance but
stopping Sterlite would mean economic suicide. While many had criticized this
post, actor Siddharth had retorted that the chief minister is irresponsible and
prime minister has time only for Yoga, 13 innocents were murdered, and this is
time to speak about the murders and humanity and not on Sterlite Jaggi, said
Siddharth on Twitter.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018