Accordingly a day before Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about how Kabir Das preached unity while addressing a gathering in Maghar, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath declined to wear a cap offered by the caretaker of the poet’s mausoleum. Meanwhile when speaking to media on Thursday, Khadim Hussain, who took over as caretaker after his father died three years ago, said, “For generations, his family members have been caretakers of Kabir’s mazaar (shrine) here and he took over from his father Shabbir Hussain Ansari following his death and this is the first time anyone has refused the wear the cap.”
Moreover he added that he has no hard feelings, and understood that the CM could not wear it, being part of the BJP. Earlier on Wednesday, when Adityanath came to the mausoleum, Khadim said he offered him a cap to cover his head, as per tradition. He added “The chief minister politely refused the cap with a smile and said that he accepts it but does not wear it”.
Further Khadim said, “We have given it to several
people and he remembers, years ago, a white cap was given to Mulayam Singh
Yadav, who wore it immediately. It was a yellow fur cap, which he was also
wearing, but we have no hard feelings, we understand. There is BJP government
and he does not wear a cap, so he did not wear it.” Further in Maghar, Kabir’s
mausoleum is situated next to a temple, which is seen as a symbol of unity.
A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out Washington sources reported that former U.S. first lady revealed her family life, some thoughts about her husband's successor Donald Trump, as well as her reflections on various challenges in her personal life. Accordingly the book is already No. 1 among best sellers on Amazon.
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!