The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) row had finally landed in the court. A public interest litigation petition was filed in the Hyderabad High Court seeking to appoint a committee to look into the alleged hidden treasures in the temple. The PIL also sought a CBI probe into the income and expenditure of the TTD as also the untraceable antique jewellery of the Lord. Besides, it urged for court directions to the Archaeological Survey of India to restore the letter dated May 4 this year declaring TTD and its group of temples located at Tirumala as protected monuments.
Anil Kumar Borrugadda from Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh and Bhupendra K Goswami from Gandhi Nagar in Gujarat, in their plea urged the court to issue interim directions for immediate appointment of a commissioner to take stock of the Nelamaligalu and conduct of religious practices as per the Agama Shastras. The allegations made by the temple’s former head priest Ramana Deekshithulu should not be replied by personal attack. They felt that the issues raised by him should be answered with facts and figures. The political motives attributed to him by both the State government and the TTD board members and officials had to be ignored and treated as politically-motivated.
As for the argument that Ramana Dikshithulu had toured all over the world, they said the head priest does not even have a passport since the Agama Shastras prohibit the priest families to cross the oceans.
Stating that Gopurama, Pakaras, seven doors, kitchen and well with gold covering and other mandapams would form an integral part of religious sentiments, the petitioners said that these cannot be interfered with by the TTD without taking the opinion of the Agama advisors. They are also against interference of the state government in the activities of the TTD.
AP state principal secretary to revenue (endowments), TTD board chairman Putta Sudhakar Yadav, TTD executive officer and member secretary and ASI superintendent were named as the respondents.
Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions? Hyderabad sources added following the incident of an ambulance being trapped during an election rally of TRS MP Malla Reddy at Jawahar Nagar, the city traffic chief has warned law enforcement enforcers against the organizers who are behind violations especially those who endanger the lives of commuters.
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind