Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had cleared the candidature of senior IPS officer R P Thakur for the post of new DGP. The Chief Minister cleared the name at his camp office on Saturday morning.
Thakur will assume his new charge from incumbent, Malakondaiah, who is retiring on Saturday evening. Thakur is now the director general of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB). He belongs to the 1986 batch of the IPS officers and had severed the department in several positions in the united Andhra Pradesh.
The Chief Minister, after a long exercise, had cleared Thakur’s name in the tough contest with senior IPS officers Gautham Sawang, Vinay Ranjan Ray, N Surendra Babu and A R Anuradha.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code