Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump celebrated the six-month anniversary of the massive tax cuts he enacted and whose positive results are shown on the macroeconomic indicators of the country. As per report in a speech on Friday at the White House, Trump started off by saying "the economy is indeed doing well".
Trump said "Six months ago, we unleashed an economic miracle by signing the biggest tax cuts in American history and the wide-ranging plan that was passed last December includes big tax cuts for companies and the wealthy, with much more modest benefits for workers”. Meanwhile besides praising the effects of the tax cuts on workers' lives, Trump said that both domestic and international firms are now investing more in the US and opening new plants here, thanks to the new tax breaks.
Furthermore specifically, the President was on hand this Thursday as
construction of a new factory got underway in the state of Wisconsin for the
Taiwanese company Foxconn, an Apple supplier, which will create some 13,000 new
jobs, according to company executives. Moreover Trump mentioned several times the low unemployment rate, which in May stood at
3.8%. Despite the air of success at the White House, the US economy grew at an
annual rate of 2% in the first quarter of 2018, a figure well below Trump's
promise to reach an annual growth rate of 3%.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!