New Delhi sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated the people of the nation as the roll out of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) plan completed one year. Modi tweeted that “He congratulates the people of India on the special occasion of GST completing one year, which is a vibrant example of cooperative federalism and a 'Team India' spirit, GST has brought a positive change in the Indian economy”.
Accordingly "GST has brought growth, simplicity and transparency, which is boosting formalization, enhancing productivity, furthering 'Ease of Doing Business', benefiting small and medium enterprises". Furthermore Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal also congratulated the nation on completion of one year on GST by calling it "the most transformative tax reform in India ever". He tweeted "Congratulate the nation on completion of one year of GST the most transformative tax reform in India ever. Moreover One Nation, One Tax and One Market due to GST has led to economic growth, simplicity for people and transparency in the economy”.
Further following Modi's lead, Goyal also listed
down how GST brought a "transformative change in the lives of people
through ease of doing business, providing opportunities for SMEs, formalization,
and relief for consumers".
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!