New Delhi sources reported that days after a global anti-money laundering body placed Pakistan on its "grey list" for failing to curb terror financing, India hoped that Islamabad will take credible measures to address international concerns on terrorism emanating from that country. Meanwhile India also welcomed the decision by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to place Pakistan under its "grey list" and hoped that the action plan suggested by the global watchdog will be complied with by the country in a time bound manner.
External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said in response to a query on the issue "We hope that the FATF Action plan shall be complied with in a time bound manner and credible measures would be taken by Pakistan to address global concerns related to terrorism emanating from any territory under its control". Moreover Pakistan has given a high level political commitment to address the global concerns regarding its implementation of the FATF standards for countering terror financing and anti-money laundering, especially in respect of UN designated and internationally proscribed terror entities and individuals.
Kumar said "The freedom and impunity with
which designated terrorists like Hafiz Saed and entities like Jamaat-Ud-Dawaa, Lashkar-e-Tayabba,
Jaish-e-Mohammed continue to operate in Pakistan is not in keeping with such
commitments”. Furthermore Pakistan was formally placed on the FATF 'grey list'
on June 27 for failing to curb anti-terror financing despite its diplomatic
efforts to avert the decision.
Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind Chennai sources stated that Cyclonic storm Gaja will cross Tamilnadu coast between Cuddalore and Pamban on November 15, bringing heavy rainfall coupled with gale wind, the Meterological office said on Monday as the state government put its machinery on alert and kept on standby 30,500 rescue personnel. Meanwhile the neighboring union territory of Puducherry, which is also covered by the cyclone alert
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images